Sunday, May 11, 2008

Two Trees



18" x 24"
oil on panel

This week, a smattering:

My friend, Aaron Brooks, is having a solo show at the Bowery Gallery in New York City. It closes May 15th and the link is: http://www.bowerygallery.org/current.html His work often combines different styles in one painting and they have a metaphysical bent.

I am entering into the world of free-lancing and am available to do illustration and graphic design work, such as children's book illustrations, greeting cards, logos, website icons, etc. I am really enjoying using Adobe Illustrator. You can check out my profile with portfolio samples on Guru:

http://profile.guru.com/963970

One of my roommates from Mass. College of Art went with me and a group to do landscape painting in Tuscany for a month. She did a series of paintings and gave titles to them such as "It is What it is" or simply "What it is." The flippant, philosophical titles didn't match the traditional style of the landscapes, but they did convey the painter's problem with language. I am of the mindset this week to say the same about Two Trees: it is what it is.

No comments: