Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dreamed Winter



6" x 12", oil on panel


It's a December themed post this week. No snow here in Rhode Island yet except the white blanketed hills and sleigh bells I have in my head. The Nutcracker is there, too, specifically Tchaikovsky's Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy. One could imagine a ballerina twirling around in a tulle skirt, flitting gracefully among the dots in Dreamed Winter like colored snow.


Damien Hirst puts diamonds on a skull and I'm talking about faeries. Everyone is charmed, enthralled, transported when watching The Nutcracker performed live. The music, dance, story, and set design leave our cynicism out on the brown snowed curb. Mr. Hirst can work with excess, a financial circus in art that is not without merit. I will be daydreaming all by myself.

No comments: